Voltaren Emulgel, the scientific name of this drug is diclofenac, which is known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it is worth mentioning that this drug is available in many forms in pharmacies that contain the same scientific article, as it is a very powerful painkillers, Especially for the pain of joints and knee pain and bone in general, where there are many concentrations that we will recognize today.
What is voltarin gel voltaren emulgel
- Is a substance used in the form of gel that is used to relieve joint pains caused by osteoporosis in many areas of the body, such as the area of joints of the hands, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles or feet.
- This gel may not be effective if used in the treatment of shoulder, hip or spinal ulcers and its dose is 1% gel.
- This active ingredient is also available in the form of powder used in the treatment of migraines, post-surgical procedures in the teeth and can also be used in cases of dysmenorrhea, but after consultation with the treating physician.
- The active ingredient of the medicine is also available in the form of suppositories used for children between the ages of 12 and 12, to relieve inflammation caused by joints, muscles or tendons, and to treat chronic arthritis.
Read more: Voltaren information on Voltaren injections and tablets
Uses of Voltarin Gel Voltaren Emulgel
- This gel is used to relieve localized pain and inflammation that consists of muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Used in the treatment of osteoarthritis that consists of the joints of the knee, wrist or ankle.
- In the treatment of the disease of inflammation of the value known as the tennis facility.
- Used in the treatment of inflammation of the tissues around the joint such as inflammation of the walls of the joint such as what is known as frozen shoulder.
- Voltarin is used in the treatment of tendon infections.
- In the treatment of torsion and muscle pain.
How to use Voltarin Gel Voltaren Emulgel
- This medicine can be used 3 times to 4 times per day, so that the gel is placed on the affected area on the skin with a gentle massage until the gel is absorbed.
- This gel should not be used on areas of skin burns.
- Do not use gel on skin, cracked or abrasive areas.
- After the voltarin gel is used emulgel should wash the hand well.
- This gel should not be used for more than 4 weeks without the doctor's advice.
- The area should be covered by the compressor ligament, after the gel is used directly, to increase the absorption of the gel, as well as increase its effectiveness.
- If you do not notice any improvement after using voltarin gel voltaren emulgel you should consult your doctor.
Precautions to be followed when using voltarin voltaren
- The gel is used on the outer area of the skin only.
- Be careful not to reach the gel to the open areas of the body such as the nose, mouth, eye and genital area, and if the gel touches these areas should be washed area with soap and water well.
- The area where the gel is placed should not be exposed directly to sunlight.
- The dose absorbed by the skin is small due to the small capillaries in these areas, in contrast to the oral use of Voltarin.
- It should be noted that when using voltarin gel voltaren on large areas of the body, states may cause large amounts of gel to the blood which increases the chance of side effects.
See also: Does Voltarin injection cause paraplegia
Possible side effects when using voltarin gel voltaren emulgel
Skin redness, itching, or inflammation of the skin may occur, due to the sensitivity of the body to this gel. It is important to note that this sensitivity increases in the case of exposure to sunlight, in areas where the gel is used.
When you use voltaren gel emulgel for long periods, you may notice the emergence of some symptoms such as:
- Feeling nauseous.
- Feeling indigestion.
- Abdominal pain.
- Infection in the stomach.
- Feeling difficulty breathing.
Name of manufacturer of voltarin gel voltaren emulgel
- The name of the manufacturer is Novartis.
The incidence of side effects in the body is due to the use of voltarin gel voltarenemulgel
- Skin injury 25-25%
- Rash incidence 20-35%
- Contact dermatitis 19-33%
- Pain 15-26%
- Itching by 52%
- Peel 6-24%
- In addition to chest pain.
- Ulcer in the skin.
- Light sensitivity.
- Skin Allergy.
- The capacitance in the eye will be mild, irritating.
- Daman in the eye.
- Increase IOP in the eye.
- Feeling nauseous and vomiting.
- Feeling of abdominal pain.
- Be corneal deposits.
- Conjunctivitis occurs.
- The incidence of eyelid swelling.
- Inflammation of the abdomen.
- Abdominal pain or cramps.
- Constipation occurs.
- Rotation occurs.
- Feeling of headaches.
- Gingivitis or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Acute hepatitis.
- Infectious anemia.
- High blood pressure.
Use voltarin gel in voltaren emulgel in case of pregnancy
- Should be avoided during the last period of pregnancy, because it may cause the early closure of the arterial channel of the fetus, causing him problems in the heart, kidney and liver of the fetus.
- Avoid using gel during pregnancy without consulting a physician, especially during the 30th week of pregnancy, because it may reach the bloodstream through the skin.
Use voltarin gel emtgel voltaren during lactation period
- It is a safe drug to be used during lactation, although there are some studies suggesting that the drug is secreted by milk, but although safe it is better to replace it with another drug that is safer, such as paracetamol .
Guidelines for the use of voltarin gel voltaren emulgel
- You must adhere to the required dose that has been determined by your doctor.
- Do not use voltaren gel emlgel voltaren with other products, such as sunscreen and various cosmetics.
It is worth mentioning that if you are taking any other medicine, you should tell the doctor and these medicines are:
- Antifungal drugs such as fluconazole, fructonazole and others.
- Medications used to treat heart disease or high blood pressure such as Candisartan, Lucartan and others.
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs such as phenofibrates, fluofastatin or lofastatin and others.
How to Store Voltarin Gel Voltaren Emulgel
- The medicine is kept at room temperature 25 ° C away from moisture and heat.
You may also be interested: Information about Hemoclar ointment for children
Site of cultural information is not fully responsible for taking the drug without reference directly to the doctor or pharmacist.