The first FIFA attack against FIFA in 2017 led to the deployment of failed anti-doping tests for many players, which was attributed to the Russian pirate group Fancy Bear or APT28.
FIFA President Gianni Infantino admitted the new piracy incident when he spoke to the press after the FIFA Board meeting last week in Kigali, Rwanda, and told the media that FIFA was reporting on the incident.
However, the Digital Forensic Digital Society believes that there is no technical clarity or detail about this second attack, even though the first investigations into FIFA suggest that some UEFA officials were victims of an attack campaign Phishing. Until Tuesday, the organization had found no traces of piracy.
According to computer security and forensics experts, the first to benefit from FIFA's recently leaked documents is Football Leaks, a platform that shares leaked information, known as WikiLeaks Football Copy.
Football leaks leaked leaked documents to a consortium of European media organizations called the European Investigation (EIC). EIC members began publishing a series of stories partly based on these documents in the past few days. Der Spiegel was the first media agency to do so, but other media soon began publishing articles based on the analysis of leaked documents classified as classified and highly classified. Some media even described the incident as "the biggest leak of information".
EIC says their reports are based on an investigation of more than 70 million documents, with a total of 3.4 terabytes of data leaked from FIFA's servers.
FIFA for obvious reasons very dissatisfied with the incident. "FIFA condemns any attempt to breach the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data in any organization using illegal practices," he said.