– Instant yeast: 2 tablespoons and a quarter
– Milk: cup (warm)
– Sugar: one-third cup
– Oil: a quarter cup
Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
– Vanilla: a teaspoon
– Potatoes: half a cup (mashed)
– Flour: 4 cups
How to prepare
1. Drain the yeast in warm milk and leave the mixture aside for about 10 minutes until the ingredients react.
2. Mix the sugar, salt, vanilla and flour in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add the oil, potatoes and milk mixture and mix well until a cohesive paste is formed.
4. Produce the dough with your hands for about 5 minutes, then cover it and leave it aside for about two hours until it is fermented.
5. Remove the dough on a hard surface and cut it into circles with the donut cutter, cover it again and leave it for about 30 minutes.
6. Heat plenty of oil in a saucepan. Shoot the donut balls and leave them until they ripen and brown before serving.